We are seeking a talented and experienced back-end developer for Coach.app, a startup that is building a platform to automate executive coaching. The role is remote, but the founders are located in Devon, UK, so geographic proximity to this area is desirable but not required.
Coach.app unleashes the power of a leadership coach, combining bite-size learning, journaling and expert coaching for personal development. The app is currently in private testing mode, and is launching a trial in Q1 2023. So far the app has been built by a contract React developer, who will continue to play a role, as well as a fractional CTO, who will become a technical advisor to the project. The back-end developer will work closely with the two founders, one of which is full-time on the project, and will have the opportunity to become the startup’s CTO, over time, and if appropriate.
The role will be full-time, but start with at least a month of part-time (paid) contract work so that a mutual fit can be established. As the job is scaled up to full-time, this role will include equity (options) as well as a salary.
As a self-starter with a curious and proactive learning approach, you will be responsible for continuing to develop the backend of the Coach.App platform, including integrating ChatGPT for more personalized recommendations and email alerts. You will also play a key role in helping to set the ongoing product strategy for the company.
- Lead the development of the backend of the Coach.App platform
- Integrate ChatGPT for more personalized recommendations and email alerts
- Help set the ongoing product strategy for the company
- Troubleshoot and debug any issues that may arise
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices
- A few years of experience in backend development
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive, self-starter attitude and a curious, continuous learning approach
- Experience with React Native and REST API integration
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools
- Experience with chatbot development and natural language processing
- Experience leading a development team
As a first step, there would be a call with Rob Sharp to see the current version of the app, talk through the potential and roadmap, and then a technical interview would be set up. In you’re interested, please contact [email protected].